Wednesday, October 25, 2006

My Eid After Ramadan 1427 H

I decided to follow ISNA, and the Fiqh Council of North America's decision, that the first day of Eid will be on Monday, 10/23/06.
The Imam of the Aurora Fox Valley mosque, closer to home, where I prayed Taraweeh, said that, from what he heard, the Eid will be on Tuesday.
The DIC mosque, where I pray Jum'a, and where I was planning on attending the Eid prayer, since it's closer to work, said it will either be on Monday or Tuesday.
Sunday evening the DIC website didn't have any information, so I called them, and the mosque where I pray Taraweeh, getting only a busy signal. Some time after 9:30 PM, I got a ring tone from the Fox Valley mosque, then a recorded message. It stated that Eid will be on Tuesday. I still needed to know what the DIC decision will be, since it is where I will pray, so I kept trying. After a bit, I got a recorded message, stating that Eid will be on Tuesday. I called again just to be sure, and got the same message.
I wanted to pray Eid, so I planned on going on Tuesday anyway, although I ended my fast on Sunday. I had planned on starting to fast the days of Shawwal on Tuesday, but since I was going to pray Eid on that day, I decided not to, thinking that this way I'd score less on the weirdness scale.
Got up early on Tuesday, was early at the DIC mosque, but the door was closed. Nobody appeared through the glass doors. I wandered a bit, until it was 8:25. The prayer was supposed to start on 8:30. I found two people waiting at the shut door, a third joined in a minute, but no sign of anyone inside. The third guy is now on the phone trying to get the DIC number from the phone directory. I had the number on my cell, so I called. I got a recorded message, in it: "It was confirmed that the Eid will be on Monday".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home